This employee is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining all CNC and manual machine tools and related equipment. Including, but not limited to: electronics, electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical and geometry.
II. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Identifies and troubleshoots the cause of any equipment problem by evaluating and performing the proper testing procedures in a safe and efficient manner while troubleshooting and repairing equipment.
· Identifies repairs or replaces defective parts by dismantling and reassembling the equipment to original machine specifications. Follows original blue print of machine specification to complete task.
· Identifies and orders parts needed to maintain equipment by filling out a maintenance material request form and submitting it to the supervisor in a timely manner.
· Learns new technology related to this field (in a reasonable amount of time) in order to work effectively.
· Reads the necessary test equipment to assure levels are maintained within acceptable guidelines.
· Keeps machines in safe working condition by performing repairs and preventative maintenance as scheduled or observed.
· Works in a safe and efficient manner observing GMT Corporation and OSHA standards.
· Performs the proper record keeping procedures as defined by the supervisor.
· Keeps work areas clean and orderly by sweeping, mopping, and scrubbing areas upon completion of a job or shift (all material must be discarded or put into the proper storage location when not in use).
· Works overtime (as directed) and other shifts to support production requirements as determined by management.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complete data; Designs work flows and procedures.
· Delegation- Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognitions for results.
· Managing People- None
· Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Set goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
· Quality Management-Employee is responsible for leading or facilitating the work efforts and evaluating/improving the performance of business processes, employees and machines to meet or exceed the goals for the GMT Corporation in a safe, organized, and efficient fashion.
· Problem Solving/Strategic Thinking- Analyzes specific safety, business and production processes or quality problems for the purpose of identifying the root cause(s) of the problem and assist with the development of recommendations for short and long-term resolution.
Education & Experience
· Two (2) year Associate’s Degree (A.A.) from an accredited technical school.
· Two (2+) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Guided by the objectives, values, and mission statement of GMT, the individual will provide leadership and vision necessary to ensure that the company, division, and department achieve established goals. They will accomplish this by ensuring the proper procedures, systems, people, and training are in place, and will provide leadership and direction to achieve desired results through others
· Serves as a role model and represents GMT Corporation inside and outside the Company to promote GMT’s values and build up strong community relationships.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, reprimands and commendations. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
· Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other MS Office applications.
· Job requires knowledge and understanding of Company’s Syteline MRS.
VI. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit (at desk) and bend at the waist.
· While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to manipulate large parts using overhead lifting devices and precise measuring equipment such as computer probes, tooling, gauges, and fixtures.
· May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
VII. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate/loud.