This employee is responsible for the transportation of materials to and from all GMT facilities, GMT customers’ and suppliers’ locations and other miscellaneous material movements by performing the following duties.
II. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Accomplishing the movement of materials in a safe and efficient manner. This includes securing loads and verifying proper packaging of materials to prevent damage in transit.
· Performing daily Safety Checks on the truck/s and monitoring vehicle maintenance of tires, oil changes, etc. Maintains accurate paper work on trucks as required by government regulations.
· Assists with material handling duties of packaging or loading and unloading of trucks when necessary.
· Keeps trucks clean to assure a positive GMT image.
· Maintains a current CDL for legal operation of trucks.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; to assist in making good logistical decisions; Uses intuition and experience to complete data.
· Delegation- None.
· Managing People- None
· Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Set goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
· Quality Management-Employee is responsible for facilitating the work efforts and evaluating/improving the performance of business processes, employees and machines to meet or exceed the goals for the GMT Corporation in a safe, organized, and efficient fashion.
· Problem Solving/Strategic Thinking- Analyzes specific safety, business and production processes or quality problems for the purpose of identifying the root cause(s) of the problem and assist with the development of recommendations for short and long-term resolution (works with continuous improvement mindset).
Education & Experience
· High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
· One (1+) year experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Possess Valid/Current CDL Class A, with Airbrake endorsement. Must not have a manual transmission exclusion.
· Guided by the objectives, values, and mission statement of GMT, the individual will provide leadership and vision necessary to ensure that the company, division, and department achieve established goals. They will accomplish this by ensuring the proper procedures, systemsand training are followed and will provide leadership to achieve desired results through others
· Serves as a role model and represents GMT Corporation inside and outside the Company to promote GMT’s values and build up strong community relationships.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, reprimands and commendations. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the organization.
· Job benefits with knowledge and understanding of Company’s Syteline MRS.
· Job will require use of company material movement tools.
VI. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, reach, and sit (driving truck) and bend at the waist.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to “climb” using vechilce steps in an out of truck and on and off bed of truck.
· While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to manipulate large parts using forklifts and secure them properly to the truck bed.
· May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
VII. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.