This employee is responsible for assisting in a variety of production activities including operating a saw and/or machine burner to provide necessary help to keep shop running efficiently and effectively by performing the following duties.
II. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Performs sawing and/or burning duties by performing the following duties. Checks in steel. Verifies steel stocks and contacts purchasing for re-ordering of stock. Saws or burns steel stock to specifications of supplied cut sheets. Organizes and marks identification to material and stores until needed by other shop personnel.
· Operates overhead hoist to move material or containers as directed by reading work orders or following oral instructions.
· Attaches tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales or other containers to identify type of material enclosed.
· Reads and understands blueprints, decimals and a tape measure in order to ensure proper set up of materials.
· Produces acceptable parts within tolerances while operating a hand torch as needed.
· Operates grinders, chippers, etc. to in order to clean parts and ensure that finished parts are clean and presentable for end customer.
· Maintains safe work place by keeping machine and work area clean for safety and maximum productivity.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complete data; Designs work flows and procedures.
· Delegation- Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognitions for results.
· Managing People- None
· Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Set goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
· Quality Management-Employee is responsible for leading or facilitating the work efforts and evaluating/improving the performance of business processes, employees and machines to meet or exceed the goals for the GMT Corporation in a safe, organized, and efficient fashion.
· Problem Solving/Strategic Thinking- Analyzes specific safety, business and production processes or quality problems for the purpose of identifying the root cause(s) of the problem and assist with the development of recommendations for short and long-term resolution.
Education & Experience
· High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
· One (1+) month experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Guided by the objectives, values, and mission statement of GMT, the individual will provide leadership and vision necessary to ensure that the company, division, and department achieve established goals. They will accomplish this by ensuring the proper procedures, systems, people, and training are in place, and will provide leadership and direction to achieve desired results through others
· Serves as a role model and represents GMT Corporation inside and outside the Company to promote GMT’s values and build up strong community relationships.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, reprimands and commendations. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
· Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other MS Office applications.
· Job requires knowledge and understanding of Company’s Syteline MRS.
VI. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit (at desk) and bend at the waist.
· While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to manipulate large parts using overhead lifting devices and precise measuring equipment such as computer probes, tooling, gauges, and fixtures.
· May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
VII. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is often exposed to machines and moving parts.