Production Welder II - $16-$26/hr
De Witt, IA
This postion is located in Waverly, IA - We Offer Relocation Assistance! - Relocation Required for Non-local Applicants
Starting Pay Range: $16-$26/HR (Based on experience)
Experience: Welding: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Waverly, IA (We Offer Relocation Assistance)
Pay Frequency: Weekly
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Eligeble benefits 1st of month after 30 days
- Only full-time employees eligible
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Company Website: www.gmtcorporation.com
Full Job Description:
- Ensures materials are welded correctly by studying blueprints, visualizing and planning sequence of welding. Performs selected method and procedure of welding.
- Prepares materials to be welded by performing the duties such as: grouping together materials, checking sizes to print, aligning material per part print, tasking together weldment, verifying tolerance and welding project or weldment.
- Produces quality weldment by accurately welding project or weldment. May be required to perform any of the following weldment procedures; hard weld (pre-heat block or casting and weld at proper temperature to ensure weldment does not crack and it properly cools down), production welding (verifies materials, welds and inspects finished weldment to ensure quality) and heat treating (heat to proper temperature and quench in oil or water to produce desired hardness).
- Finished weldment by grinding, sanding or chipping rough or sharp edges, weld splatter, surplus weld or scale.
- Maintains safe workplace by cleaning work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Inspects the finished weldment to ensure that all welds conform to print specifications.
- Keeps training current and maintains ability to read and comprehend blueprints and weld symbols.
- Accurately records work-related data to include proper time reporting, in addition to other required/requested data and information.
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
*If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.