Provides statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples.
II. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Using the appropriate quality tools and methods, provide analysis and support to the quality assurance and manufacturing engineers to ensure that processes are properly documented and that we operate in compliance with the GMT Quality System. These would include, but not limited to APQP, PPAP, ISIR and FMEA activities to comply with customer specific requests.
- Investigate and support product and process quality issues, corrective and preventative actions, and develop and/or recommend changes to controls plans, processes, and work instructions to achieve desired results.
- Works closely with Operations, Support Staff, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality Assurance staffs to develop recommendations for long-term resolution.
- Continually strives to improve overall efficiency of quality management while maintaining or improving business processes. Understands and applies all Company ISO9001:2015-QMS requirements.
- Implement advanced quality planning techniques and controls such as, but not limited to, gage R&R, capability studies, data collection, FMEA, control plans, and design of experiments (DOE).
- Analyzes data by completing hypotheses, normal distribution, and process capability analysis.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing date; making recommendations.
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineering to assess the critical product characteristics that will be measured.
- Support quality inspectors, including set-up inspection experience, to make sure that processes and products comply with regulations and meet the requirements of a quality management system.
- Coordinate, collect, update and report project plans, and metrics on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Have ability to multi-task and train others in support of GMT’s quality culture.
- Support complex, high-visibility Lean Six Sigma (DMAIC) projects, leading to successful project completion and realization of the targeted benefits.
- Provide strong technical support to customers, including conducting supplier visits, and able to interact with all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Performs duties of a similar or related nature as assigned by management.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complete data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Delegation- Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognitions for results.
- Managing People- NONE
- Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Set goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality Management-Employee is responsible for leading or facilitating the work efforts and evaluating/improving the performance of business processes, employees and machines to meet or exceed the goals for the GMT Corporation in a safe, organized, and efficient fashion.
- Problem Solving/Strategic Thinking- Analyzes specific safety, business and production processes or quality problems for the purpose of identifying the root cause(s) of the problem and assist with the development of recommendations for short and long-term resolution.
- Leadership experience and Style – Posses the ability to lead, work with teams, be part of a team, and/or understand team dynamics (forming, storming, norming and performing). In order to effectively lead and/or participate on a team, must be likeable, get along with people, have good influencing skills and motivate others.
- Results Oriented – Perform and produce tangible financial results for GMT. Must be hard working and quick to demonstrate success. Passion for continuous process improvement and customer satisfaction.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year university or equivalent experience is required.
- 5 years experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background and experience with ISO 9001:2015, Lean Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Continuous Improvement and 5S methodologies. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Quality Engineer Certification preferred.
- Guided by the objectives, values, and mission statement of GMT, the individual will provide leadership and vision necessary to ensure that the company, division, and department achieve established goals. They will accomplish this by ensuring the proper procedures, systems, people, and training are in place, and will provide leadership and direction to achieve desired results through others
- Serves as a role model and represents GMT Corporation inside and outside the Company to promote GMT’s values and build up strong community relationships.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine and produce statistical reports, correspondence, reprimands and commendations. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to speak to all audiences (from shop floor employees to executive management to external customers). Understanding the various needs of audience members and tailoring the message to address their concerns.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other MS Office applications.
- Job requires knowledge and understanding of Minitab and/or other statistical software.
VI. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit (at desk) and bend at the waist.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to manipulate large parts using overhead lifting devices and precise measuring equipment such as computer probes, tooling, gauges, and fixtures.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
VII. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level in the work environment may require the use of hearing protection.