SUMMARY: Employee is responsible for assisting in a variety of production activities including operating a saw and/or machine burner to provide necessary help to keep shop running efficiently and effectively by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Performs sawing and/or burning duties by performing the following duties. Checks in steel. Verifies steel stocks and contacts purchasing for re-ordering of stock. Saws or burns steel stock to specifications of supplied cut sheets. Organizes and marks identification to material and stores until needed by other shop personnel.
2. Moves material or containers by reading work orders or following oral instructions.
3. Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
4. Reads and understands blueprints, decimals, and a tape measure to ensure proper set up of materials.
5. Produces acceptable parts within tolerances while operating a hand torch as needed.
6. Operates grinders, chippers, etc. to clean parts to ensure finished parts.
7. Maintains safe workplace by keeping machine and work area clean.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The employee is accountable to the Fabrication Facility Manager.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, as individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as algebra, trigonometry, and the use of decimals as they apply to the idea of sawing and burning.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.