This Postion is Located in Wavery, IA - We Offer Relocation Assistance to Non-Local Applicants
This employee seeks out, evaluates, selects, and negotiates with vendors, Performs order placement activities necessary to procure selected groups of production materials at competitive prices, quality levels that meet GMT Corporation objectives, and delivery performance that meets GMT Corporation needs.
II. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Development, Selection of Vendors, and negotiate for production material
· Procurement of production materials assuring consistency across all purchased items and GMT Corporation facilities.
· Develops procedures covering the procurement of all items for the GMT Corporation to assure sound fiscal control and accountability and assure consistency across GMT Corporation facilities.
· Analyzes, directs and/or performs maintenance of parameters that control purchasing computer systems to assure the systems function to meet GMT Corporation purchasing objectives and to assure consistency across GMT Corporation facilities.
· Coordinates the disposition of all discrepant and excess purchased materials to assure they are reclaimed, scrapped, or returned on a timely basis. Provides necessary information to inventory control functions to assure that inventory records are adjusted and accurate.
· Develops and recommends inventory level objectives which will guide daily purchasing performance toward results compatible with GMT Corporation ROI and customer service objectives.
· Monitors material delivery status to assure availability that meets GMT Corporation needs.
· Monitors each supplier’s overall delivery, material quality, and price performance to assure they meet negotiated agreements and GMT Corporation standards.
· Conducts supplier price evaluations to assure that GMT Corporation is procuring competitively.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complete data; Designs work flows and procedures.
· Delegation- Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognitions for results.
· Managing People- None
· Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Set goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
· Quality Management-Employee is responsible for leading or facilitating the work efforts and evaluating/improving the performance of business processes, employees and machines to meet or exceed the goals for the GMT Corporation in a safe, organized, and efficient fashion.
· Problem Solving/Strategic Thinking- Analyzes specific safety, business and production processes or quality problems for the purpose of identifying the root cause(s) of the problem and assist with the development of recommendations for short and long-term resolution.
Leadership experience and Style – His/her management style will need to be based on the Servanthood leadership model with characteristics that include transparency, process based, a relentless drive for results, discernment and collaboration at all levels of the organization.
Education & Experience
· Min (2 year) AA degree from an accredited college or university.
· Three (3+) years experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Guided by the objectives, values, and mission statement of GMT, the individual will provide leadership and vision necessary to ensure that the company, division, and department achieve established goals. They will accomplish this by ensuring the proper procedures, systems, people, and training are in place, and will provide leadership and direction to achieve desired results through others
· Serves as a role model and represents GMT Corporation inside and outside the Company to promote GMT’s values and build up strong community relationships.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, reprimands and commendations. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
· Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other MS Office applications.
· Job requires knowledge and understanding of Company’s Syteline MRP
VI. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit (at desk) and bend at the waist.
· May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
VII. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.