Strategic Sourcing Manager
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for the company’s end to end sourcing of products and services essential for the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with external & internal business partners to understand customer demand, supplier capacity and internal manufacturing needs.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply and optimize total cost.
- Directs procurement of raw materials, production supplies and MRO items to assure on time delivery of all products.
- Analyzes, directs and/or performs maintenance of parameters that control purchasing systems to assure materials arrive on time.
- Monitors and maintains supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives.
- Negotiates supplier agreements/contracts when beneficial by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Evaluates inventory parameters for minimum, maximums, re-order points, and order quantities to assure optimal pricing in conjunction with inventory levels that are sufficient to support daily production requirements.
- Monitors and reports inventory metrics that allows the department to make adjustments where necessary to meet changes in customer demand and minimize excess and obsolete inventory.
- Manages the cycle counting and physical inventory process for raw materials and finished goods.
- Serves as a member of the Management Team and assists with the development of the company's strategic plan and policies and implements these plans in the assigned areas of responsibility.